Thursday April 25 - DEPARTURE / ARRIVAL IN WHISTLER
Early morning bus pick up at your school and transfer to Whistler. Enjoy three nights moderate accommodation at the selected hotel.
- 5:00 - 8:00 PM: Festival Registration at the Whistler Conference Centre.
- 8:00 - 10:00 PM: Student Social/Dance and Dance Lessons at the Whistler Conference Centre. All Participants will be able to partake in an evening of ballroom dancing. The dance lessons will be conducted by the UBC Swing Students and a local school jazz band.
Friday April 26 - WHISTLER
Performances: Concerts & Wind Ensembles, Jazz Bands and Choirs each give an adjudicated performance that becomes the basis for building on ensemble strengths in the workshops that follow the performance. Each ensemble receives recorded and written comments and a plaque with gold, silver, bronze rating. Ensembles can also elect to go non-competitive.
- Massed Choir rehearsals – Massed voice rehearsal takes place in the afternoon.
- Conducting Workshop – Teachers participate in a free conductor’s workshop.
A fabulous Festival Concert this evening with special guest performers and massed choirs; held in the Whistler Conference Centre.
Saturday April 27 - WHISTLER
Performances and Workshops continue today for all groups.
Master classes: Instrumentalists participate in 50-minute classes with outstanding professional performers and educators. Vocalists participate in workshops with similar vocal clinicians.
- 7:00 PM Catholic Mass held at the Hilton Conference Centre.
A fabulous Festival Second Concert , with special guest performers and massed ensembles; Held in the Whistler Conference Centre! In years past guest artists have included Eddie Daniels , Alan Vizzutti , and Vijay Singh.
Sunday April 28 - WHISTLER DEPARTURE
Best Performing Groups Perform at the Whistler Conference Centre
- Most Mature Choir
- Best Sounding Jazz
- Best Sounding Concert Band
- 12:00 NOON: Festival ends. Board your coach for the journey back to your School.
- Roundtrip return busing
- 2 or 3 nights moderate hotel or condo including all applicable taxes;
- Festival for concert band children, jazz band, choir and vocal jazz students. This includes 30-minute adjudicated performance, 50-minute workshop, mass ensembles, directors workshops, and instrumental workshops.
- Master classes, Evening Concerts, Directors Workshop, Student Social/Dance; & a Directors’ Reception;
- All applicable taxes;
- Meals of any kind anywhere
- Tips or Gratuities to anyone, including Coach drivers
- Parking fees, phone calls, Items of a personal nature
- Optional sightseeing or activities